Re: [RTTY] Zone 4

To: "William D.Storer" <wstorer@cinci.rr.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Zone 4
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:13:54 -0400
At 08:55 AM 9/27/2004, William D.Storer wrote:

Noticed several of KY and TN callsigns sending zone 5 during the contest while others were sending the proper zone 4. Should be zone 4 according to CQ's zone chart. Anyone else notice this? Might want to check your logs.

Hi Bill,

Normally I would respond "log what was sent, regardless of whether it's correct or not". This works in MOST contests, but CQWW RTTY log checking has some "quirks" which scores your log against what the other station was SUPPOSED to send, not what was actually sent. You can read the reflector archives for more details.

Still, I would leave your log alone, and pray that the log checkers "do the right thing".

73 - Jim AD1C

-- Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863 USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13 1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC