[RTTY] VE7CF Multi single, all-band-high claimed score

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] VE7CF Multi single, all-band-high claimed score
From: "Jack Wiebe" <parbuster@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:49:18 -0700
QSOs Points Zones DX: States Multipliers Score

80m: 50 94 4 3 20

40m: 171 374 18 21 36

20m: 581 1440 26 70 50

15m: 279 698 18 23 34

10m: 5 13 4 4 1

Total: 1086 2619 70 121 141 332 86950

A lot of very interesting comments on operating practices during the contest. One contentious issue for me is "cabrillo catches the contacts with the wrong zones" comment, or something to that effect. So, checking my log I found some 25 TN contacts, about half of which had zone 5, and half had the correct zone 4. Also some AL and KY had zone 5 in their buffers. I changed them to zone 4 in edit mode after the contest. So, will I get penalized by cabrillo for "not logging what was sent"?

All in all, a very enjoyable contest; this time with company (VE7IRA/VA7SW) in the shack and a multi-single category. Not great numbers, but this is VE7-land after all where Zero-land has nothing over our rf black hole. At least we had a pretty good run of JA's both afternoons.

See you all in the next big one - ARRL Roundup.

Jack, VE7CF