[RTTY] Whats that smell

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Whats that smell
From: "roofus" <roofus@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:23:56 -0400
It looks like part of the fun is sharing your contest experiences with the
group and I neglected to add this to the comments for CQ WW RTTY.  At some
point early Sunday afternoon my XYL came into the shack asking me if I
noticed the nasty smell in the house and assumed she was talking about me
given I had been without a shower in a day and a half.  But after she
mentioned it I did notice it and it was getting worse by the minute.  She
came back after opening the basement door and said it's coming from down
stairs, "GO LOOK".........Hey I'm in a contest here.  Well I took about five
steps down and about fainted, the city of Mentor sewer system was backing up
into the basement and we had all these little submarines floating around
down there.  I told her to call a plumber and got back to
contesting.......damn, I lost my run frequency.  She went on to call the
plumber ($151.00 an hour on Sunday) and never bothered me again other than
to bring in scented candles and incense to help with the smell here in the
shack.  God I love that girl.

First contest, first story.......hope there are more of both soon.

Dennis AB8NI

PS: I did loose my coveted radio gear box collection to those little
submarines.