[RTTY] Makrothen,N1MM and distance calculation

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Makrothen,N1MM and distance calculation
From: f6irf@free.fr
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:24:02 +0200
RE: Gordon's 3830 post(N1MGO)
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/3830/2004-10/msg00393.html
QUOTE n1mm did not score correctly either.UNQUOTE

As mentionned on my 3830 post
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/3830/2004-10/msg00402.html
N1MM seems to score correctly...

However,it appears that  the distance calculation is provided for the 6 digits
locator that you may have entered in the "config\change your station data"...
For a calculation "center of square" to "center of square" (as per MCT rule) you
have to enter LL as 2 locator last digits (LL being the center of a square).
Anyway the difference on the final score won't be dramatic... of course more
noticeable if you are on a corner of a square (my case), or if you have worked
stations in a single direction (unlikely)...

Removing dupes I have tested my log with the DK3VN online calculator
http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn/The_Makrothen_Contest.html

DK3VNcalc   3,233,734 (fm JN35LL)
N1MMlogger  3,225,120 (fm JN35AU) 3,236,848 (fm JN35LL)

Less than 0.1% difference when using the square center...

The only problem I found in N1MM calculation is that stations in the same square
are counted 0 if you have setup LL, and the distance from your real square to
the center if you have setup you 6digits locator, while they should be counted
100pts as per rule... won't dramaticaly impact the final claimed score either !

In any case as you won't get any penalty for claiming a too high score, it does
not really matter...
Best regards - Patrick