Re: [RTTY] Makrothen,N1MM and distance calculation

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Makrothen,N1MM and distance calculation
From: f6irf@free.fr
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:22:27 +0200
Yes Art... you are absolutely right... like on a chess game.

By the way, found an entry mistake in my log (KO26 entered K026 *)...
After correction checked again:

DK3VN : 3235482
N1MM JN35LL: 3232868
N1MM JN35MM: 3230877
N1MM JN35  : 3231882

Though entering JN35 seems to be the correct way to get the calculation done
from the center of the square, there is still a slight difference.
At least this time it is coherent... N1MM calculation is a bit pessimistic
compaired to the DK3VN online calculator.
Think it can be easily explained by the number of decimals used for PI, for the
radius of the earth, and whatever simplification is used by one or the other
algorythm...
Once again it does not really matter , as the claimed score is not even required
to submit a log... just to post on 3830...

best regards - Patrick

(*) be aware that those typos are not detected by N1MMlogger - just saw it
importing my contest log into XM-log (my general purpose log).