[RTTY] WX9X QSL's

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] WX9X QSL's
From: wx9x@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:07:52 +0000
Hi.

I just noticed a post wondering what happened to WX9X Quality QSL's. Thought I
might be able to fill you in. I sold my printing businesses in 1998, and the
QSL portion of the business was sold to Star Printing. Shortly after the sale,
the owner..at 45 years old..was diagnosed with cancer. He survived and is now
healthy, but because of his illness, sold his business, including the QSL's to
a company in South Bend, Indiana, called Sommers Graphics. That company
eventually went bankrupt, displacing nearly 40 employees, including my daughter
who had been handling the QSL orders, typesetting, etc. It wasn't the sunspots
that did them in. To answer one of the questions in the thread, I began QSL
card production on September 9, 1991with an order from W9DS.  My first actual
card was produced for WB9EEE, who couldn't find anyone to duplicate an old C.
Fritz card. We were able to do so, and that got the ball rolling. I believe
W4MPY now has some of my original files, either digital, fi
 lm or paper, and may be able to provide assistance to those who may wish to
order one of my designs.  I was unable to add this information to the thread
started by W6IHG on Sept. 30, and hope somehow this will make it there. Thanks!

73, Rich, WX9X