Re: [RTTY] Thanks

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Thanks
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 00:06:15 -0400
I agree with Bill. These days anyone can download free RTTY software and get on the air. This sounds to me like a more sophisticated version of the shameful trick some people have, especially on 40m, of sending a string of dits right on an RTTYer's mark or space tone. Presumably this is a form of protest against RTTY signals in the "CW" part of the band. I'm a CW fan myself, but this kind of behaviour is deplorable.

73,
Rich VE3IAY

I'd be willing to bet you Dunkin Donut and coffee...it wasn't a rtty contester.

I didn't hear the event, but doubt very much is one of the 'rtty fraternity'.

Relax, cool down and rejoin us.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sid Ashen-Brenner" <sashen@swbell.net>