Re: [RTTY] Pet Peeve # 2

To: <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Pet Peeve # 2
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:11:32 -0500

Amen, brother. Send your exchange first, last, in the middle, whatever. I'll get it, and if I don't, I have buffers asking for repeats. Works for me.

Eventually the newbies figure out what works best and they will change
their ways.

--
Bill W6WRT

You got that right, I frequently 'tweak' my exchanges right in the middle of a contest depending on many factors, prop, what the exchange is, etc.

As my age was 59, I got a couple of 'again?' and changed the buffer so it was more separated and distinct.

And I've learned a while ago to start buffers with a CR to separate my signal from the chaff

I no longer use - between rst and sn

I did see one that seemed to be over kill.

W9OL W9OL
TU
UR 599 44
DE XX9XX
BK

I'll let the baud counters figure out if that takes longer than all on one line.