Re: [RTTY] Is writelog still the best RTTY-contesting option?

To: f6irf@free.fr
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Is writelog still the best RTTY-contesting option?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:09:14 -0700
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:58:59 +0200, f6irf@free.fr wrote:

>I 'm a bit surprised by the poor score (15%) that N1MM got versus Writelog
>(40%)in the recent "Contest scene" user vote... I am also a bit amazed by the
>fact that many software related issues that have been addressed here along the
>months, are just "not a problem"  with N1MM-logger...

For what it's worth, I tried N1MM in one contest a few months ago and
got so disgusted I went back to WriteLog.  N1MM is way too buggy to
suit me.  WriteLog has always run without any crashes and performs
perfectly.

The only caution I would note is that some of the plug-ins for
different contests are incomplete for some reason, but I'm sure the
authors are aware and hopefully will fix.

I like it that someone is devoting so much time and effort to the
amateur community with no thought of their own financial reward, but
N1MM just is not ready for prime time.

--
Bill W6WRT