[RTTY] Re: ÄRTTYÅ RE: RITTY BLASTER Environment variable

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Re: ÄRTTYÅ RE: RITTY BLASTER Environment variable
From: Jan Palmquist <jan.palmquist@mailbox.swipnet.se>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:11:50 +0200
I use

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 E620 T6

Used on three different computers, with
SB32PnP and SB64AWEPnP boards.

I have once known what the H, P and E parameters
mean,  T is the type/generation of board.

On an IBM TP600 laptop I have succeded to get Ritty to
run with:

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 T4

But I am not sure it runs well, it seems to have some
problems to handle the MUX, but it decodes and transmitts
RTTY.

73's de Jan/SM5FUG

> This is the general form of the BLASTER environment variable:
>
> SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 T3
>  |    |     |    |  |  |
>  |    |     |    |  |  |
>  |    |     |    |  |  |
>  |    |     |    |  |  |
>  |    |     |    |  |  |__________________ Type of Card
>  |    |     |    |  |_____________________ DMA Channel
>  |    |     |    |________________________ Interrupt
>  |    |     |_____________________________ Port Address
>  |    |___________________________________ Environment Variable
>  |________________________________________ DOS Command
>
> NOTE: There can be no spaces between the word BLASTER and the
equal sign
> (=).
>

> If you type  SET BLASTER  with no arguments or equal sign, the
DOS command
> window
> will display the value of the environment variable rather than
setting it.
> If it
> tells you that there is no such environment vairable, then you
need to
> either set
> up one in autoexec.bat or config.sys, or you can do it with a
batch file.
> You may
> have to mess around with the values of the arguments until it
works in your
> system.
>
> Since all my DOS/Win3.1 computers with SB cards have gone to
computer
> heaven,
> I can no longer run RITTY, so am not able to provide you with a
known
> working
> value of the environment string.
>
> The good advice below, to look at your device manager to
determine the
> values will
> help.  I vaguely seem to recall that the interrupt value (I5)
could not be

----------
> ---
> Tony,
> I am running RITTY 4.55 with Win98se on an AMD 233 MHz computer.
I run it
> stand alone and with WriteLog. It is running in a DOS window and
not native
> DOS on this machine.
>
> No entries in Autoexec.bat or config.sys files although they are
present as
> empty files.
>
> A Sound Blaster card (ISA) is installed in the slot and is
driven by
> SB16.VXD and SB16SND.DRV in the C:\Windows\System directory.
> I am set up to run on IRQ 5.
>
> This is an "old" Creative Labs card which I scrounge from time
to time from
> flea markets etc. I have run RITTY from DOS but you need the
autoexec.bat
> file for that as others have noted. You also should have the
memory
> management files called out in the Config.sys if you run from
DOS.