Re: [RTTY] ae4jy HF path simulator

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ae4jy HF path simulator
From: "Terry Gerdes" <terry@ab5k.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:27:06 -0600
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for posting this.  It reminds me of a decoding issue that I want to
throw out and see if the group has any ideas.  I run four sound cards in the
main station computer.  Two run in the standard MMTTY mode and the other two
can be operated in other MMTTY modes.  The question is what is the best mode
for the other two MMTTY instances?

One issue that I have is working stations who are within 50 to 200 miles of
me.  I can usually get a couple of letters of the call but not enough to
make it a legal QSO.  Since we are close, I suspect we are operating on a
backscatter path.   Any ideas on what would be the best MMTTY mode for this?

Thanks

Terry - AB5K