[RTTY] way off topic...but LCD comments

To: "RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] way off topic...but LCD comments
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:34:10 -0600
I've been using dual flat panels on my 'radio' computer for years.
Presently have a 19" & a 20".
Much more quiet, far less heat, lighter and less footprint.

Far sharper for resolution, I can show more of WL or any other program.
Both monitors were bought off Ebay with no problems. Both are 'Philips'.
I did my shopping for weeks, compared prices.
I went to the stores and looked at features, then I went to Ebay and Overstock.com and compared prices.
The 19" quit after 30 months, after warranty.
But...they have an EXCELLENT repair policy, for a nominal charge they repaired/replaced the unit, paid return shipping and turn around was 1 week, (yes.....1 week).

The 20" lcd is going on 30 months with no problems.

(I'm not really a Philips spokesman, I just play one on this reflector)
Your mileage may vary.

Just for some hints.
Most Flats sit on little pedestal stands, this can be a problem if you want it to sit on a shelf above your radios like I do. They end up so high that you have to keep moving your head back.
I chose monitors that had stands that allowed the bottom edge to go all the way down to the shelf. That put the screens right at eye level.

Some LCD's have speakers/mics built in, some don't. Those that do have a bigger frame usually.

----------------------------------------------------- Genius does what it must, talent does what it can, and you had best do what you're told. -----------------------------------------------------

Bill H. in Chicagoland