[RTTY] Additional problems - need Elmer

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Additional problems - need Elmer
From: "Dan McCrummen" <dananne@awesomenet.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:14:58 -0600
Hi - I am trying to get onto rtty - PSK31? - cw with my computer, using Hamsoft
and MMTTY programs.  I have a TS 520S, a MFJ 969, and a long wire.  The
Computer is a Compaq  7000 AMD 1200 with Windows ME.  My problem is one of
interference.  With the computer and monitor off, I can hear lots of good
stations.  Turn the computer-monitor on to run the programs, and the
interference wipes out everything.  Of course, the long wire starts just about
four feet from the monitor-computer.  I expect I have lots of other problems
also, but until I can copy a little, there is no reason to try to go farther.
Any help or directions to sources of information would sure help.  Thanks  73,
Dan  K5OFR.
P.S.  There is a ground wire from the computer, the tuner, and the xmitter  to
an earth ground.  Connecting and disconnecting it won't make a change in the
noise.  D

[Scanned by AwesomeNet Anti-Virus]