Re: [RTTY] Additional problems - need Elmer

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Additional problems - need Elmer
From: "Andrew J. O'Brien" <obrienaj@netsync.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 22:00:49 -0500

How bad is it with the PC on but monitor off ? Sometimes it is the monitor that is the main source of the problem, in such cases changing the display setting can improve things. Is it bad for EVERY band? I have some problems on 80 meters but other bands are nice and clean. If the main problem is the proximity of the long wire to the PC, you will probably find that your transmitted signal is "dirty" and will cause distortions/objectionable PSK31/RTTY signals.

Andy K3UK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan McCrummen" <dananne@awesomenet.net>