Re: [RTTY] Turtle Beach Santa Cruz problem?

To: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>, w2nra@optonline.net,rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Turtle Beach Santa Cruz problem?
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:53:27 +0000
Jerry,

Not necessarily true. I have had the same make cards, SB PCI 16, in my computer for several years. And they run find. (Just recently swapped one for a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz which I think makes my microphone audio quieter, have not noticed much difference in rtty yet).

The only point is that sometimes it is confusing when selecting the card you want, some applications do not have a big enough window to show the full card name which will have a "(2)" after it at the end. Could be fixed by changing the card names to something shorter. But since the first card is first in the list and the second is second they are easy to select.

Another point is with the same card, which one did I plug the cables into. Takes a moment to figure out which card is in which slot. I marked them with a tag, hi

Jerry, W6IHG