[RTTY] NCJ RTTY columnist position open!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NCJ RTTY columnist position open!
From: "John Fleming" <john@wa9als.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:30:24 -0500
Dear RTTY Contesting Community,

I have been your NCJ RTTY columnist for the past two years, and I have
announced my retirement.  It's been a lot of fun, and I want to thank again
my guest columnists and those who have otherwise submitted  or suggested
materialmaterial.

I will not be doing any further regularly-scheduled columns, and we need to
find another columnist ASAP.  The next deadline for turning in material to
the editor, Carl, K9LA will be in about 4 months.  The journal comes out
every 2 months.

I feel that it is extremely important for RTTY to continue to be represented
in the premier contesting journal!  Let's don't let RTTY disappear from the
pages of the NCJ!

The ideal columnist should not only have to have a good
"finger-on-the-pulse" of the RTTY contesting community and knowledge of the
mode, but also have some basic writing skills.

Several of us have decided that it's time to discuss this here in the RTTY
forum.  Perhaps we can find a volunteer and/or get some nominations?  Please
don't let RTTY disappear from the NCJ.  You just never know - Maybe some CW
or phone ops will see the RTTY column and decide to give it a try, not to
mention brand new readers of the Journal.

All comments welcome, public or private.  THANKS!  73 - John, WA9ALS