[RTTY] rtty 160 contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] rtty 160 contest
From: "Michael Bazley" <vk6hd@iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:09:24 +0800
Well I am one of the dinosaurs!!!To say that a few CW stations occupy 160 is
rubbish,,,my computer log shows 5776 unique calls on that band.
Re RTTY on 160, ALL bands are for ALL modes allowed. I Like low band rtty as it
is a challenge and I believe it is harder to resolve a RTTY or PSK signal
through the QRN than CW.  Whether the band would be overcrowded in a rtty test
I am not sure as 3580-3600 is never crowded here in any test, though, of
course, I am a long way from the Eu and NA action. Perhaps if the scoring was
along the lines of the 160 CW Stew Perry test, where distance and/or low power
are rewarded,  QRM would be reduced.
Nevertheless CW is my favorite mode.
HAPPY NEW YEAR  to all.
73 Mike VK6HD