Re: [RTTY] Help with keeping RF out of PC

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Help with keeping RF out of PC
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 04:18:13 +0000
One of the tricks I use here on both the 240 and 120 lines is go
directly throught BIG ICE surge protectors with RFI filtering on them.
Both are 40 amp models. ( and yes, I wired the house for the hamshack
and ran 3 conductor #10 to the shack ) ( still paying off the mortgage
for that run )

I can put my MFJ 259 next to the Titan at 1 KW out, on a higher or
lower band, and it doesn't even budge.

And both ICEes are grounded to a 8' copper rod drilled through the
studs and concrete before the walls were finished.

I have operated many contest at high power with one side of the
computer case off. Amp is less than 3 feet away, and no problems.

GROUND!

73
Ed