Re: [RTTY] Help with keeping RF out of PC

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Help with keeping RF out of PC
From: "John- W4DJ" <w4dj@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:43:21 -0500
GROUND THE COMPUTER! Simple

73s de W4DJ

From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:37:34 -0800

----- From: "Peter Laws"
Subject: [RTTY] Help with keeping RF out of PC

I had a little, um, "incident" a while back (T-day weekend) which caused
me to have to replace the Athlon/Abit KT7A combo with a Duron/Soyo Dragon
somethingorother. Everything works, but now the MMTTY engine (under >N1MM Logger) will stop decoding and lockup.

Hi Peter et al.

I used to have that problem on 40 meters. When it would lock up, I'd lower the power till it unkeyed then run that power. My 40 meter verticals are only about 10 feet from the shack and when I would switch them towards the shack, it would lock up the computer. You might try that the next time it locks up. Just keep lowering the power and see if it unkeys. GL
Tom W7WHY