Re: [RTTY] Green Keys vs. PSK31 - One man's opinion

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Green Keys vs. PSK31 - One man's opinion
From: "Andy swiffin" <a.l.swiffin@dundee.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:13:22 +0000

>The difference between PSK and RTTY operating seems to be a 'cultural'

>thing. Lots of PSK operators are not into DXing and contesting, but
into
>slow-paced ragchewing involving very long exchanges of buffers. A
>significant number have a strong and active dislike of what they call

>'rubber-stamp' contacts... which are what most RTTYers would praise as

>'slick operating'.

And don't forget to have a macro which has your age, when you were
first licenced, your shoes size......

>It's a sad situation. One thing that would really help in the
crossover
>is if PSK software like Digipan were available as a plug-in for
>dedicated contesting software, in the same way that MMTTY is for
RTTY.

N1MM contest logger has a 4 channel PSK engine built in.  Not the same
as a plug in you can use with anything, I know, but at least it's PSK in
a full blown contest logger.

Cheers
Andy
gm8oeg