[RTTY] Renewing Expired LoTW Certificate

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Renewing Expired LoTW Certificate
From: "Phil, WB6TQG" <wb6tqg3@verinsky.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:31:04 -0800
I apologize for using more bandwidth on this issue, but wanted to pass on a
solution.

I received warning emails regarding the upcoming expiration but was not able
to get to it in time. I requested help from Wayne, n7ng@arrl.org, and
received the following response immediately:

"Unfortunately, your cert did expire. You will need to submit a request for
a new cert. Before you do, first remove all .tq5 and .tq6 files from your
machine. Then create a new request and send it to me (n7ng@arrl.org) along
with an old postcard password. I'll do the rest. If you don't have the
password, you can use the new one that will be sent on a new postcard."

It took only 5 minutes for me to remove the old files and send the password
and new request to n7ng@arrl.org. Within a day I received my new certificate
by email. ARRL did a terrific job in resolving the issue.

Thanks for the bandwith,
Phil, WB6TQG