[RTTY] off subject

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] off subject
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:08:30 -0800
Hi all

Sorry to post off subject, but got a problem.

My Astron RE-20A keeps cutting off with my FT-840. I could turn it on and listen, but as soon as I hit the transmit button, the radio shuts off. The light on the power supply switch is on, but no output. Now, when I turn it on, even when listening, after a couple of minutes it shuts off. After a few seconds, I can turn it back on, but then it goes off again. I replaced the filter cap, but that didn't help. Think it may be the switching transistors? Thanks
Tom