Re: [RTTY] WPX Robot

To: GARY ELLIOT <K7OX@MSN.COM>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WPX Robot
From: George K3GP <k3gp@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 04:10:43 +0000
GARY ELLIOT wrote:

Is there something wrong with the Robot ? Can seem to get a answer that the log was accepted. It does kick it back but no response. Anyone else having a problem with the Robot ?

73 Gary

It took five tries over 28 hours before I received a response from the robot. At first, I thought it may be due to having sent the email in HTML format (even though there was no body to the message - just an attachment).

I then tried a sending a message in plain text, no body attachment. By the time I finally got a response that the robot found a problem with my log, I couldn't tell which of the five messages I had sent was being replied to.

I corrected the error, sent the log again, and received a confirmation just a few minutes later.

I guess you have to "keep running that play until you get it right!" - I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have more keyboard time dedicated to submitting the log than I did playing in the contest! ;)

333-3333,
George