Re: [RTTY] Updated AA5AU RTTY Contest Notes - XE and WPX contests

To: "'RTTY'" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Updated AA5AU RTTY Contest Notes - XE and WPX contests
From: "Bob Wanderer" <aa0cy@QUADNET.NET>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:15:54 -0500
Regarding lowering the RF Gain for best RTTY reception: Gee,
back in the early 1960's it was suggested by the ARRL to
lower the RF Gain and "ride" the AF Gain for best CW
reception.  Don't know about RTTY, as didn't even know about
that mode back then (Novice in the days of HF CW with 75W
input, crystal control, and
one-year-and-upgrade-or-lose-it-forever).  I think this did
not apply to voice operation (a good amount of SSB, but AM
was still used extensively).

73,
Bob AA0CY