Re: [RTTY] WF1B rebooting computer

To: Dave NT6K <nt6k@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WF1B rebooting computer
From: tgstewart@pepco.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:54:02 -0500
Chances are you are running out of conventional RAM.  Look at your
autoexec.bat file for unnecessary drivers being loaded. Also try running
MEMMAKER.exe to see if it can free up some memory.  You should have room
for several thousand QSO's as a minimum.  You shouldnt need moslo with a
slow Pentium machine.  What are you using for a RTTY demodulator?

Ty K3MM

Dave NT6K <nt6k@frontiernet.net>
Sent by: rtty-bounces@contesting.com
02/22/2005 11:59 PM

rtty@contesting.com
cc

Subject
[RTTY] WF1B rebooting computer

After running in the RTTY Roundup I found that after
about 600 Q's logged with WF1B v5.02 my pent 120 w/64M
ram and DOS 6.22 was getting slow, so I upgraded to a
pent 233 w/64M ram and DOS 6.22.  What seems to be
happening now is that when I launch WF1B the program
reboots the computer.  I've tried the moslo.exe and
no matter what params I set it still reboots.
Anyone else had this problem?  Any ideas?
Going to a Windows based program is not an option.

Dave NT6K

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is
proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright
belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI").  This Email is
intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed.  If
you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.  PHI
policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive
statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email
communication.  PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such
communications.