Re: [RTTY] MARK V USERS..??

To: "NOEL POULIN" <noelhq@globetrotter.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MARK V USERS..??
From: "ON4ADZ" <on4adz@pro.tiscali.be>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:22:35 +0100
Dear Noel

I have in use a markv with roofing and inrad filters : 1.8/8.8 + 1.8/455kzh
and 400hz/455 khz
I have also a yaesu  500hz in the second rx, and a 270hz/455khz installed in
the main rx.

As you can read on the 1000mp feflector the more you filter b4 the gain
stages how better.
So the roofing filter is a real value you can add, espially during crowed
condx.
Adding extra cyrstal fileters in the if stage 8.8 is a first step, later you
can add the expensive 455khz filters.

The filter standard 500 hz /8.8 filter is wide,adding a the 400 hz/455 of
inrad is a great improvement in selectivity.

the inrad 400 hz is working good and has deep skirts, altough during the
latest wpx i have swith in the yaesu 270 hz.
This last filter works very good and has also deep skirts.

I hope can deal with my experience.

DIRK
on4adz