Re: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY practice

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY practice
From: Gordon LaPoint <n1mgo@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:14:08 -0500
On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 06:13, Shelby Summerville wrote:
>  "WI8W" <wi8w@wi8w.org> wrote: "I have actually worked stations that used
> different names on different bands with the same callsign."
>
> >From the rules: http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php
> "If the name sent is changed during the contest, as sometimes happens with
> multi-operator stations, the name used for each QSO must be clearly
> identified in the log."
>
> C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW

KT1I and I (N1MGO), usually run this contest in July as a Multi/2
operation from Vermont so we send 2 different names, per the rules sited
by Shelby.
Last summer we used only one name, Bambi, because we were operating from
a hunting camp in the Green Mountain National forest in VT and that
seemed to cause less confusion than in years past, but we have not
decided yet if we will do that again this summer, or use two names
again.  During the winter version we use just our own callsigns and run
from home.

It's lots of fun either way, but real interesting to see what happens
when we use two names!

--
Gordon - N1MGO
n1mgo@arrl.net