Re: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY practice

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY practice
From: WI8W <wi8w@wi8w.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 04:49:28 +0000
Art,

Nope,  you will find alternate names during the contest as well. That is
why I do not program in any type of friend.ini  file during NAQP
contests.  Personally,  I find the alternate (sometimes funny or
offensive)  names quite unnecessary but that is my opinion and does not
necessarily reflect the opinion(s) of anyone else on this list.

I have actually worked stations that used different names on different
bands with the same callsign.  They must be wanting to make sure we are
copying what is being sent but Writelog tends to fill in the name
automatically in the log form so it does create a slight problem when
the name changes.  Nothing that cannot be overcome though.

73

Thom WI8W