[RTTY] Serial port help

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Serial port help
From: "Keith Le Boutillier" <gu6efb@cwgsy.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:14:48 -0000
Hi

Can somebody shed any light on a strange problem that my PC has
developed?

The PC has 4 serial ports 2 on board the mother board and 2 on a plug in
PCI card
All 4 com ports work fine can control rigs tnc

The problems start when I plug my RTTY and SSTV interfaces in to any of
the comports
The rig then goes into TX for 1 second then back into RX for 1second and
so on
It dose not matter what comport it is plug into it is if all the
comports are being strobed
I have reset all the comports back to their windows defaults I have made
sure no other software is running or trying to access the ports and am
now at a loss as what to try next.

The PC is a 2.8GHz AMD cpu 512k Ram running windows XP pro SP 2

The interface works fine on other pc’s in the shack

73 Keith GU6EFB MU3EFB

Sysop GB7DXG Dxcluster Telnet Access Web gb7dxg.shacknet.nu Port 7300
Web Site http://gb7dxg.shacknet.nu
Echolink Node GU6EFB-L Node number 121749
Web Site http://gu6efb.shacknet.nu
E-Mail gu6efb@cwgsy.net