[RTTY] BARTG Sprint and HF RTTY contest

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint and HF RTTY contest
From: John Barber <SKA@bartg.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:07:38 +0000
Here are a couple of reminders about our contests .....

BARTG Sprint logs:     Thanks for all the logs that you have sent in so
far .. another record entry this year. There is still time to get your
log in to me if you have forgotten, but please do it before the weekend.
Late logs for the Sprint that get mixed up with entries for our March
RTTY contest can cause great stress and unhappiness in the SKA shack!

BARTG HF RTTY Contest:     this weekend coming. Full rules are on the
BARTG website together with samples of how your log should look. If you
are using Writelog, Mix-W, RCK, RTCL etc. then just make sure you select
the right BARTG contest out of the 2 choices, and that you have the
latest version of your software. The contest name in the log should read
BARTG-RTTY and the log must show the full exchanges sent and received
including serial numbers and times.

Please ... read the last paragraph again and try to get it right. I
currently have 168 logs from the Sprint that need some modification or
conversion to the correct format, mostly through folks setting the
software for the wrong contest. There are no tame robots here who just
bounce logs back if a comma is in the wrong place, but with each log
taking about 10 minutes to put right it uses up a lot of my spare time
(and I like to go fishing sometimes!).

Enjoy the contest,

John GW4SKA,
BARTG Contest Manager