Re: [RTTY] FT5XO on 17m now

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT5XO on 17m now
From: "ON4ADZ" <on4adz@pro.tiscali.be>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:26:22 +0200
Hallo

FT5XO was this morning at 7.00 utc printable in eu on 17m but they logged a
bunch of JA.
The signal did not come up and stead almost s 0 but printable untill I had
to go qrt at 13.00 z.
At that time they worked mostly Eu and sometimes  a USA station.   I suppose
the rtty station uses a modest antenna and power e.g. 50 w into a vertical.

I did not work the ft5x gang .... dammm, but I will try tomorrow.

The macro's they use could be better:  now it is  call call 599  , it should
be call 599 call,  qrz after a qso is rare.

Despite in cw and ssb they are skilled operators.  I have logged them from
10 to 80 m.   For 80m I have hang up a extra sloper in the direction and
after 3 hours of calling and listening to a weak signal I made it.

Dirk
ON4ADZ