[RTTY] FT5XO on 20 mtr last night

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] FT5XO on 20 mtr last night
From: K0BX <jduerbusch@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 19:24:31 +0000
Sometimes we are just lucky.

Last night I was at home watching TV and about 11 PM went down to the
shack to turn the rig off.  But there was the FT5XO on 20 meter rtty!
Not only was he on, but S-9 here.  He was way stronger than any of the
stations calling him.  That made it bad as it took awhile to find out
where he was working.

For about 20 mins he was working 8,9, and zeros.  I worked him after
only calling a few times at 0518Z on 14085MHZ up 2.  Then the band
started changing and he worked 6's and 7's.  And a few minutes later he
was on to the Europeans.

My station is not one of the big ones, a Kenwood TS-850S/AT and a Drake
L-7 at 1 KW and a 4 element monobander (Hygain 204BA) at 50 feet.
Several of the ST. Louis stations worked him.

Just shows you have to have the rig on and be in front of it to work the
DX!!

Joe K0BX
STL MO
301/305 Worked/confirmed on rtty