[RTTY] length etc

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] length etc
From: Brian <bejo@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 13:24:00 +1200
>From DX side... I don't want to see my callsign...I don't want to see
RYRYRY..etc...I don't want to see your callsign 10 times
No1... is watch an listen
No2...is watch and listen
Send your call sign only twice....DE xxxx   DE xxxx then return to step No1
On my QRZ all I ever see is my callsign never anyone else's..I am not here
to work myself..
Soon as you see QRZ in with your call twice then watch an listen.
Put your CR's in place and your spaces but...at the DX end I may only pick
the first part of your call before a bigger station but a tad slower on the
trigger wipes you out ...so go to step No1 ...
You may see the first part of your call and some hash being printed then ur
rpt... take it and give ur rpt...ur call will be corrected and sent
twice..although you may only see it once before its buried by large
stations....if your call has not been corrected you will be asked for a
repeat  if you feel that the repeat has been asked for because of  QRM send
it twice because usually by this time every one is sitting quiet hi hi. If
it is through bad conditions  please send it 4 times.
so please watch and listen and send only your callsign then watch an listen.
The only thing I have yet to figure out is....in a contest I struggle to get
a run going bigger than 5min..but call CQ at any other time and  I end up
running a pile up for 2 /3 hrs hi hi.
Take my soap box away
Cookie
zl4ad