SV: RE: [RTTY] ÄRTTYÅ RTTY length and macros

To: "'Jan Palmquist'" <jan.palmquist@mailbox.swipnet.se>,<rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: RE: [RTTY] ÄRTTYÅ RTTY length and macros
From: "LA6FJA Stein Roar Brobakken" <s-roabr@online.no>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 01:39:06 +0200
Hi

Well I am Agree with Using the stations call in start and ending of QSO.
Specially in DX pile...

In contest there is often QRM and also in a Pile-up too...so I often use
short macro in BIG signal with fast QSO rate in 20m etc.

40 and 80m can often be needed with double call and double f.ex. Serial
number....

Likely I have seen many kind of different ways to do this, and I have
learned a little bit over the years of RTTY'ing

In Contest with QSB and QRM I like also to see people use BK at ending
of reports ONLY, but I dont see the matter of use it into CQ to get fast
CQ TEST de LA6FJA LA6FJA

The thing I seen many people still use is RYRYRYRYRYRY ...

Is that needed today when we have so nice decoding??? I thought that was
from early beginning? With old old equipment

I didn't like the procedure of one of the setttup from on 15m FT5XO
which didnt include your call at ending.. So they used much time of
waste.
They used only callsign in start of each transmission, but afterward
they changed this to be included of the WKD stations callsign.

And then also like SM5FUG wrote: >>R SM5FUG QSL 73 QRZ? de FT5XO UP K

FT5XO had another op and setup for 30 & 17m...they had good signals on
40m but wkd just USA

But likely this to work RTTY from a rare spot can be hard sometimes. I
was operation RTTY and PSK31 + SSTV from S9LA,
And man...I could really thrown that PC away sometimes..hehe coz some
people never looked at my TX signal or I had bad RX into their part of
pile... So they were txing for couple of minute with MANY KW's ...One
station was splattering many khzs...
I tried to make areas to listen on f.ex. 14089 and lsn 2 to 10 up. And
then I tried to go up and down.
I think I made the Callsign of the wkd stn in every end of QSO and like
= SM5FUG TU de S9LA UP....

But seems that we all like to have different macro's, and there are
someone which have been into RTTY game for a long time so they know how
to do it :)

Last weekend I had LA7LNA a 18 yrs old guy with me in EA RTTY contest as
LA5G, and he is really up set in RTTY and contesting that way.

Regards & 73
Stein Roar Brobakken aka RAG
Grönvold
NO-2830 Raufoss