Re: [RTTY] RTTY length and macros

To: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY length and macros
From: Phil Florig <W9IXX@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 19:54:25 -0400
Hi Bill,

Nice to hear from you again.  Another couple of good ideas.

At 19:08 4/7/2005, you wrote:
>Hey Phil
>One more buffer suggestion.
>
><sp> w9o? w9o? only w9o? k

Sometimes they only understand "only"...  HI..

>I chase a lot of rtty dx, and sometimes the piles get unrully.
>As you know from experience, CONTROL/Rhythym = better rate.
>
>Coming back to a partial is better than sitting quiet waiting to get the
>whole call.
>Because the rhytmn is lost and as a caller, I'm going to keep calling till
>I see you come back to someone.
>
>A caller who expects you will be responding in approx 4 seconds to
>someone...will stop and listen at 4 seconds.

Another good point and noticed that on cw at Swains KH8SI when I was there.
Started doing that
as the wall was terrific. Opened the filters a little and listened to
different tones to move
things around plus the dial turning...  Little different on rtty.
Will be using FSK and filters in radio.  Have not tried the filters in
MMTTY and may experiment a little
to see what they do....

Tnx agn
73   Phil W9IXX

>On 4/7/2005 5:30:26 PM, w9ixx@arrl.net wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>

>>Have some really good comments and suggestions so far.  Below are a few
>>
>>examples
>>
>>that I made up for exchanges for different conditions based on these
>>
>>comments.
>>
>>Tnx so far to Dave K2YG, Mark N7MQ, and Phil GU0SUP for sending
>>information.
>>
>>As I was about to send this, Ekki, DF4OR sent a posting on the reflector
>>that
>>
>>confirms that we are on the right track. Tnx to you also.... Probably
>>should
>>
>>have waited till I saw that posting and
>>wouldn't have to type as much.....
>>HI....
>>

>>Example 1:  (good qso non broken)
>>
>>CQ CQ DE CY0AA CY0AA CQ UP 2-5 K <SP>
>>
>>(DE W9IXX W9IXX W9IXX K <CR>)  (<SP> OPTION)
>>
>>W9IXX UR 599 599 W9IXX BK <CR>  (<SP> OPTION)
>>Note: May add another W9IXX as: W9IXX UR 599 599 W9IXX W9IXX BK <CR>  (<SP>
>>OPTION)
>>
>>(DE W9IXX TU 599 W9IXX SK <CR>)  (<SP> OPTION)
>>
>>W9IXX TU DE CY0AA QRZ UP 2-5 K <SP>
>>Note: May switch this to:<SP> TU W9IXX DE CY0AA QRZ UP 2-5 K <SP>
>>

>>Example 2:  (broken call)
>>
>>CQ CQ DE CY0AA CY0AA CQ UP 2-5 K <SP>
>>
>>(DE W9I

Philip Florig           e-mail:pflorig@ieee.org
115 Horne Rd.               (or):W9IXX@arrl.net
Columbus, NC. 28722         amateur radio:W9IXX
USA                         MARS:AAM4ENC/AAR4XX
     team member:AH1A-C6DX-CY0AA-J3A-KH8SI-VP2MX
        also:C6AXX-J3X-KH8/-T30,31,32,33P-VP2MPF
IPR Systems, Inc.           tel: 1-708-385-7500
11651 Mayfield Ave.         fax: 1-708-385-7515
Alsip, IL. 60803          email:info@iprsys.com
USA                              web:iprsys.com
    INDUSTRIAL POWER SUPPLIES & RECTIFIERS