Re: [RTTY] TS570 with afsk

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TS570 with afsk
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:58:42 -0700
Hi Pete

I don't know how the 570 works, but I have a TS-450 here and I can run full
power on FSK with the alc almost to zero.  There are 2 settings that seem to
affect the power out and alc on this rig--the "carrier" control and the
"power" control.  I can run the power up to 100 watts and turn the carrier
control down to where the alc is in the range marked on the indicator and
the power still stays up.  When it gets close to zero, it starts to drop
off.  According to the manual on the '450, it doesn't say the alc has to be
zero, just down in the indicated range on the meter.  With AFSK, I could run
the power up to 100 watts with the power control and back the mike gain down
till the alc was in the indicated range and still run almost full power.
Not sure if you have those same controls on your or not.  I really
appreciate the fact that I can use the narrow filters in the FSK mode where
I can't in the AFSK LSB  mode.  GL and 73
Tom W7WHY