Re: [RTTY] 2 sound cards

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>, "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 2 sound cards
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 21:16:37 +0000
At 20:52 5/5/2005, Tom Osborne wrote:
>Hi All
>
>Trying to hook up a second radio to to the computer.  I put in a second
>sound card in my computer, but it didn't recognize it, and it wouldn't
>install it.
>
>Running a Dell Dimension 2.4ghz desktop with XP home edition.  Anyone been
>able to install a 2nd sound card in this configuration.  If so, what
>kind?  Thanks and 73.
>Tom W7WHY

I couldn't install a 2nd card in my new Compaq SR1300NX Sempron with XP
home. Don't know why - I couldn't do it and factory tech rep says it can't
be done. But it became unimportant when I discovered that the on-board
sound card could process data from multiple independent programs
simultaneously under XP. Yours probably does this also.

Strangely, a different computer I have can handle two cards fine. They were
both installed under Win98se and when I upgraded to XP they were both still
there, still usable.

Jerry W4UK