Re: [RTTY] Comments on "RigExpert"

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Comments on "RigExpert"
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 07:33:09 -0700
It's interesting that the question was asked on the SteppIR reflector
originally.

I've never used a RigExpert, but it seems to me that he compared it only to
his one sound card and is assuming that his sound card is representative of
all sound cards.  He also doesn't say what software he is using, which we
know makes a significant difference.

I've seen many postings from him on the Icom PROIII reflector but never on
the RTTY reflector and have never heard him on RTTY.

I don't have a PhD in engineering, as he adds to his signature line in all
of his emails, I'm an accountant, but his testing methodology and
qualifications in RTTY decoding are unknown.

Jim N7US