Re: [RTTY] RITTY & WIN98 log software

To: walter giovannini <wgiovan@adinet.com.uy>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RITTY & WIN98 log software
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:41:45 -0700
At 10:09 PM 5/12/2005, walter giovannini wrote:

>Please somebody knows some software to use RITTY by K6STI different from
>writelog.
>
>Of course in win98
>
>Thank you for the help.
>
>73 de cx7bf walter

RTTY by WF1B will work with RITTY, but of course it is a DOS program.  For
myself, I find the best use of RITTY is to run it on a second computer in
receive mode while running the main contest program on the main computer.
That gives me a second demodulator to cross check whatever the main
computer prints. RITTY usually captures what the main computer does not. It
is a truly superior program for demodulating RTTY, but a bit old fashioned
for contesting because of the DOS limitation.

--
Bill, W6WRT