Re: [RTTY] RTTY Software

To: "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Software
From: "Tony (N2KI)" <N2KI@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:37:21 -0400
One quick addendum to my last post.  The biggest limiting factor of keeping
RITTY a functional asset is the slow but sure elimination of the ISA slot
which is a requirement of the CT2960 sound card and similar.  You can still
get the SY-P4I 845PE ISA mother board and run Win98 as an OS.  Rather than
worrying about keeping alive the older 486, Pentium I, etc.  Slowly I am
convincing myself of picking up the SY-P4I 845PE ISA and putting a system
together that will be fast enough to run Writelog as SO2R, yet still capable
of utilizing the older CT2960 soundcard to run RITTY for SO1R.  The only
question that stands out at the moment is how fast a processor will RITTY be
able to handle?  Does anyone think it will run on a 1gHz P3 or faster?
Comments?

Tony - N2KI
SYSOP - N2KI DX CLUSTER
dxc.n2ki.com:7300