Re: [RTTY] 2 radios-1 sound card

To: "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 2 radios-1 sound card
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 22:12:11 -0500
I played with this at one time but didn't like it for a reason I can't remember.
I did it with the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog.

What I can remember is that it only works with Windows XP (I use PRO with a Dell
4800) and you have to run two instances of mmtty separately.  Install the full
MMTTY program at two different locations on your hard drive and run them at the
same time using the same sound card.  Configure one for left channel for one
radio and the other for right channel for the other radio.  If you are using
WriteLog, you may have to point one of the Rttyrite windows to the second MMTTY
location on your hard drive by editing the writelog.ini file.  See the
"WriteLog.ini Problems" section of my MMTTY plug-in troubleshooting guide at
http://www.rttycontesting.com/writelog/mmtty/plugin_page7.htm.  That may give
you some idea what's need there but not 100% sure.

Windows XP allows two programs to access the same sound card at the same time.
I know this works because in WriteLog I can open multiple "cloned" Rttyrite
windows using the MMTTY plug-in.  Didn't like that either for some reason so
stuck with MMTTY plug-in as the main decoder and then opening a "cloned"
Rttyrite window with a DXP-38.  This way I get the wide dynamic range of the
DXP-38 while in the S&P mode and tuning upon a signal.  It starts copying much
earlier than MMTTY.  So I've stuck with this combination.

I've never tried installing a second sound card but numerous others have been
successful.  Maybe I'll do some day and write a tutorial on it.  Sounds
interesting since I have no sound on this PC because it's always set up for
RTTY.

73, Don AA5AU