[RTTY] Congrats to Charlie, KI5XP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Congrats to Charlie, KI5XP
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:48:03 -0500
Although nothing is official yet, I want to congratulate Charlie KI5XP on a what
should be the winning effort in last weekend's NAQP RTTY contest.  I consider
Charlie a good friend of mine.  Even though he lives just over a 2 hour drive
from me, we live both live in Louisiana which means something here in bayou
country.  Charlie has been working hard at RTTY contesting.  Unfortunately for
him he's had to fly under my success in recent years.

The reason I give so much to RTTY contesting is that I hope others will succeed
and experience the fun and enjoyment that I do.  Perhaps this leads to success,
perhaps not.  The reason we contest is to have fun.  But winning is a special
achievement that doesn't go unnoticed.  I don't know if Charlie learned anything
from me or not, but he deserves to win this event.

>From my experience, only once in NAQP RTTY history has a second place claimed
score actually became the winner.  I know because I was that second place
claimed score and ended up with the plaque.  I don't think that's going to
happen this year despite the closeness of our scores.

It will be interesting to see what the official results are, but I've not seen
this close of race ever in this event.

KI5XP(@W5WMU)      565   154    10     87,010 SWACC #1
AA5AU              560   153    10     85,680 SWACC #1

Is this cool or what?

Congratulations Charlie.

73, Don AA5AU