Re: [RTTY] 30m RTTY

Subject: Re: [RTTY] 30m RTTY
From: "Wolf, DL6JZ" <dl6jz@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:14:33 -0000
Hello Bill,

you are right. I was in Liechtenstein (HB0) for holiday 2 weeks ago. The
only antenna I took with me was a vertical for the WARC bands (10.1, 18.1
and 24.9 MHz). I made about 450 QSOs in 5 days, 400 of them in RTTY. And I
was very glad that a lot of this RTTY QSOs were with U.S. stations on 30m
and 17 m in the time between about 20:00 Z till about 22:00 Z. But there
were times when I had to call more than 10 or 15 minutes CQ before a station
answered.

I think it is a good idea to call very often CQ on this bands. And if you
find a station then spot it, that would be the most important matter.

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ