Re: [RTTY] RTTY Interference to Hurricane Rita Ops

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Interference to Hurricane Rita Ops
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:54:18 -0500
Yes, I run RTTY and I am in the contest on 40 meters.

Jim, what the heck mode are you trying to run a net on between 7047 and 7053 Khz
during the largest RTTY contest of the year?  I might suggest that you run the
net on phone.  I understand your predicament but the contest has already started
and the RTTY ops have no way of knowing you are there if they can't hear you.  I
can't hear you!

I lost most my roof during Katrina.  I put 12 tarps on in the last two week and
today in 40 mph wind and driving rain I had to put on 4 more tarps as water
keeps finding ways to come in.

I've copied the RTTY reflector but there is no way to get the word out now, it's
simply too late.

If you move to phone, let me know.  I'd like to join in and help if I can.  Both
my towers were blown down by Katrina, but I took my HF2 vertical down before the
storm and that is the only HF antenna I have a present.

Don AA5AU

  _____