Re: [RTTY] RTTY Interference to Hurricane Rita Ops

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Interference to Hurricane Rita Ops
From: "Andrew J. O'Brien" <obrienaj@netsync.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 19:39:20 -0400
They have given up and are moving...
Andy K3UK

To all NREN Members
Date posted 9/24/2005

To: All NREN Members
Over just the past few hours, I have received numerous angry and indignant
e-mails from RTTY contesters. The general tone is "we planned and waited for
this all year, your net can move."

Therefore, effective immediately, the use of 7050 khz is suspended for
nighttime operations. Our net frequencies are changed as follows effective
immediately:

  a.. 1200Z to 1500Z QSX 10115 3663 KHz
  b.. 1500Z to 2300Z QSX 14050 10115 KHz
  c.. 2300Z to 0400Z QSX 10115 3663 KHz
Note: The QMN Net meets on 3663 KHz at 2330Z and 0200Z. All are welcome to
check-in.
This may prove difficult during the evening for some of our West Coast
stations, but it makes no sense to fight the "big fight" with high power
contest stations in any mode.
My apologies for any inconvenience.

73,
James Wades, PEM