Re: [RTTY] Larry W0ETC SK

To: "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Larry W0ETC SK
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:30:56 -0500
As Tom points out from Larry's JARTS posting, he gave us a lesson in life.  It's
not guaranteed.

I was saddened to hear of Larry's death.  But having been in a depressing funk
because of my own situation this week, it helped me quickly realize that I have
nothing to be depressed about at all.  I am alive and have a lot to be thankful
for.

I met Larry at Dayton a couple of times and shared countless E-mail with him.  I
sold him a radio earlier this year.  Larry seemed to seek me out in contests and
I show his call 103 times in my log since '98.

I am using Larry's death as an inspiration, because that is what it is for me
and I would hope he would want something like this to happen.  Today I finally
found the energy to take apart the tower that had fallen at my office and
determined that 3 sections of Rohn 25 were reusable.  I loaded them into the
back of my truck along with the gin pole and hauled them home.  I set them in
the back yard apart from the damaged tower sections still remaining.  This gave
me some joy for the day.  But the biggest joy was greeting my wife Sharon
(Larry's significant other's name is also Sharon).  Larry and I talked about
this part of our lives on occasion and he was dead center on his advice to me.

For him to fight against his illness the way he did only to fall to another
malady is damn shame.  I plan on changing the RTTY contest plaques that I
sponsor to W0ETC memorial plaques in his honor.

May God bless his soul because he deserves it.

73, Don AA5AU