Re: [RTTY] Strange contest log entry procedure...JARTS ????

To: "RTTY GROUP" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Strange contest log entry procedure...JARTS ????
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:34:20 +0000
I thought it was strange also, but for a different reason. After
their robot had reached down into the bowels of my hard drive and
sucked the file out, I remembered the warnings about malware we hear
so much about these days. Just clicking on their button allowed their
program to reach past my hardware firewall and my software firewall
and do its will. I had never seen this before, and didn't realize it
was so easy.

Looks like a great convenience if only honest web sites like theirs
do it. But what about some of those unknown sites your kids/grandkids
click on when they are on your computer.  Makes you think, huh?

Jerry W4UK