Re: [RTTY] DF0DX first winner of the awaited "F6IRF dummy-award" !

To: f6irf@free.fr, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DF0DX first winner of the awaited "F6IRF dummy-award" !
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:41:13 -0800
At 12:53 PM 11/14/2005, f6irf@free.fr wrote:

>Dear friend (or friends at) DF0DX,
>I could not find your address in the call-book, so this is an open email, just
>like a "message in a bottle" !

Before we all get tied up in knots over this, keep in mind there can
be a simple explanation other than intentional jamming. I've done it myself.

All that is necessary is to accidentally activate split, or forget to
turn it off when going from run to S&P or vice versa. Some guys,
myself included, prefer to use split rather than RIT when running. I
embarrassed myself terribly some years ago while mobiling on 40
meters, I was tuning up and down the band, calling CQ here and there
thinking I was on simplex while all the time my TX was on split and I
was jamming a net. This went on for half an hour before I tuned
across the net and heard them calling me trying to get me to QRT. My
face still gets red thinking about it.

I'm not saying this is what happened, just something to be aware of.
This does not excuse the behavior or course, but it may reduce the
crime from a felony to a misdemeanor. :-)

73, Bill W6WRT