Re: [RTTY] How about this!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>, "Wolf (DL6JZ)" <dl6jz@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] How about this!
From: "Andy swiffin" <a.l.swiffin@dundee.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:58:11 +0000

>>> "Wolf (DL6JZ)" <dl6jz@t-online.de> wrote on 15/11/2005 13:57:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I heard you very often with a strong signal in the last contest.

Thanks Wolf, its really nice to know I was getting out OK.  I only have
a small station - 80 Watts and a low dipole on 40/15 and 20 and an
inverted L (actually more like an end fed V!) on 80.

> 1. Standard exchange: I changed my standard exchange from 3 * serial
> 2 * serial this year. Because the chance to copy 3 different
versions
> when the signal was corrupted is higher than to copy 2 equal
versions
> and only one different, hi.

I take your point.  I have a complete txt file of the whole contest and
I will go through it to see how often when I received 3 of something
only one was corrupt.  I do have quite a strong feeling that this was
quite often the case - i.e only one wrong and 2 right, but I should
produce some proper statistics.

>On the other hand most of the stations can
> receive my shorter exchange also very good. Because there are good
> receivers with sharp filters and good software available.

It's true.  and I do feel bad sending 3 of things to S9+ stations, but
on balance I always assume I'm going to be quite weak with anyone I
work!

> 2. And if there is the request for repeat I have a macro
>     nr 234 234 234 234 234 kn
> and this helps!!

Yes me too - and it gets quite a lot of use!

73
Andy
gm8oeg