[RTTY] RTTY on Six Meters

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY on Six Meters
From: "Dick Kriss, AA5VU" <aa5vu@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:12:51 -0600
This is off topic to contesting but is RTTY related.  I noted some RTTY
spots on the AR-Cluster at 50.150 MHz and printed nothing due to band
conditions.  I was told to look at 50.290 for PSK with the same results.
The AC6V band plan shows RTTY at 50.700 and the ARRL Band Plan does not even
mention RTTY on six meters.

My antenna is close to being resonant at 50.125 for US SSB operation but is
not that great at 50.700.

When the six meter band opens again, where will people look for RTTY on 50
MHz?  Guess I will just follow the cluster spots but 50.150 would be nice.

Anything wrong with a RTTY CQ on 50.150.00 (FSK- Mark) or 50.152.125 (LSB)
dial frequency for users like me stuck in AFSK.

73, Dick AA5VU